Selecting the right application
Some of the most frequent questions we receive are to do with choosing the right application to best suit the customer requirement. The following information should help to clarify which solution best suits your requirements.
Office Intro is our entry level call logging product and although it still provides automatic report scheduling and delivery via email, it only provides 12 reports. This may be more than adequate for users who are only interested in seeing call information filtered by extensions, DDI’s, trunks, departments* or account codes. Intro is certainly one of the lowest priced business call logging applications on the market today. The 4 today screen charts are fixed and require a manual refresh to update the chart data. Like most call loggers, call data is received from the system at the end of the call. Connection is via a serial lead or more commonly via smdr over LAN (telnet) …. Read more about Office Intro
Office Xpress is our standard business grade call logging application which can be deployed across multiple offices/branches. Unlike the Office Intro it has a flexible Today screen allowing a user to include charts relevant to their role which are then saved under their login profile. Client applications can be installed upon multiple users machines allowing more than one PC where information can be viewed and reports generated. The Office Xpress provides 140 reports which can be scheduled to run automatically or on demand and be sent via email or saved as multiple file types. Reports for a defined time period can be filtered by department*, extension, trunk, DDI and account code. Please note that the Xpress does not provide telephone system group reports or agent reports; for that you will need Office Pro. …. Read more about Office Xpress
* Departments are set up in System Settings and can be used for gathering extensions under an umbrella name such Sales, Accounts or Support. There is no performance reporting for departments and bear no relation to groups programmed in the telephone system database. The reports by department would show total calls or individual calls for all extensions within that department.
Office Pro is our enhanced call management / live call centre reporting application which comes with 217 reports, live agent status plus unlimited wallboards and supervisor positions (dependent upon server OS). You would choose Pro when:
- You have an auto attendant answering calls before passing them to groups and you want to report on the actual time it takes for calls to be answered by a member of staff and you want to report on calls where the caller abandoned the call before having their call answered by a member of staff.
- Telephone system group reporting and performance reporting is required for groups, agents and DDI’s
- Live wallboards are required to be displayed on flat panel screens (ie LCD or Plasma)
- Supervisor control off agents is required, ie login/out from telephone system groups from the screen
The call recording applications are offered in either Ultimate or Compact formats. Ultimate is shipped as a turn-key recorder solution complete with PC application server, onboard PCIe recorder boards for analogue, basic rate or primary rate ISDN (SIP and VoIP do not require a board) and the Ultimate recorder application. Compact is shipped as an external USB recorder box (which contains a voice board) together with the Compact recorder application and would require a PC application server to plug into and to load the application onto. Recordings are stored on the PC application server’s hard disk drive (HDD). Both formats record lines via a passive tap across the lines or via port mirroring if SIP/VoIP. (See relevant product pages for connection methods).
The Compact call recorder interface provides for easy search, retrieval and playback of recordings. The Compact interface provides basic call logging and access to 35 reports which can be run on demand or automatically run on a scheduled basis. The Compact does not have a ‘Today’ screen.
Please note that when a Compact Recorder and Office Pro are sold together, the Ultimate recorder interface will supplied.
The Ultimate call recorder interface also provides for easy search, retrieval and playback of recordings but differs from the Compact in the following ways:
- 175 reports which can be run on demand or scheduled to run automatically (more if Pro installed as well).
- Today Screen
- Customisable Agent Scoring (QA) Questionnaires as opposed to star rating on Compact
- Voice Case Management – Adding documents and links to recordings which can be sent through an approvals process
Server Client Environment
The applications are supplied with server and workstation installations. The server application contains the SQL Express database and connects across the LAN (or via serial lead) to the telephone system
Panasonic System Licensing Requirements
KX-NS700 & KX-NS1000
- KX-NSF101W – CTI 3rd Party system CTI interface – Enables CSTA Port for applications other than CA Server – This license will be required if connecting Office Pro, CTI, Operator Console, FrontDesk or Campaign to the NS700. There is no requirement for this license if there is no TAPI required. Intro, Express and Voice receive their call logging data over the LAN.
- KX-NSA020W – CSTA MUX 3rd party x 1 Activation Key (AK) – Supply this in the event that more than one vendors applications will be connecting via TAPI or CSTA. ie Mondago GoConnect and Office Pro. Enables multiple CSTA services to connect to PBX (max 4) – 1 AK is required for each TAPI/CSTA server application but multiple Office applications (ie Office Pro & Office CTI, etc) would only ever need 1 AK. CA Server does not require an AK. If KX-NSA020W licenses have been purchased, there is no requirement for a KX-NSF101W.
KX-NCP, KX-TDE, KX-TDA
- No licensing required
Panasonic TAPI Connectivity & CSTA Mux
Panasonic Communication Assistant (CA)
- When using CA in PBX direct mode, no CSTA connection is required and CSTA MUX is not necessary when used alongside CommsOffice Pro etc.
- When using CA Server, the CSTA connection is used and so CSTA MUX would be necessary when used alongside CommsOffice Pro etc. However, note that the CA Server does not require a CSTA MUX license to connect as it is already licensed.
- CA Server is required for the following solutions:
- More than 240 CA clients
- More than 4 CA Supervisors
- Thin Client operation (Citrix/Terminal Services)
- Multi site networking
SMDR over LAN via Telnet, TAPI over LAN, Null Modem Lead to Serial Port